Friends of the Museum:
About Us ···
|★ MUSEUM TOURS ★
Please Note that the Museum is temporarly closed due to COVID-19 precautions!
- Several volunteers of Friends of the Collins Aerospace Museum serve as Museum Tour Guides (Docents).
- The Museumm is open for tours every Wednesday from 11:30 to 1:00. The Museum is located in Building 120 (Cedar Rapids, Iowa) by the East door. Note that this door is not open to the general public. However the Building 120 South Door is attended by a Company Guard so that, when synchronized with an available tour guide, access to the building can be arranged. Note: You must be registered in the Collins Aerospace 'SAFE' system - and bring a photo ID when you arrive.
- If you wish to arrange a SPECIAL TOUR - send a message to Christina, at email@example.com.
Include the date, time, and the number of people in your group.
|★ ABOUT FRIENDS OF THE MUSEUM ★
Friends of the Collins Aerospace Museum preserve the history and legacy of the Collins Radio Company and Collins Aerospace, in support of the following goals:
★ Provide a resource of historical information and material to support company activities, media, and advertising.
★ Recruiting and retaining of quality employees.
Our Principal Activities:
★ Support and operate the Company Museum
★ Help acquire world-class artifacts for the Museum
★ Establish and maintain a Collins Aerospace Virtual Museum on the web
★ Collect and maintain company historically significant documents & make available to serious historical researchers
★ Actively support student projects involving Collins history as part of the K-12 program. and STEM
★ Create a forum for like-minded company history buffs where they can teach and learn
|★ N E W S ★
|Museum Docent Volunteers
|Presently, the museum is being staffed by several Tour Guide (Docent) Volunteers.
However, We are still closed to the public!
• Charley Snodgrass - 1st Wednesday
• Terry Lamb - 2nd Wednesday
• Rod Blocksome - 3rd Wednesday
• Mike Wilson - 4th Wednesday
• One of the Above - 5th Wednesday
• Alan Erickson - Standby
• Larry Tjaden - Standby
They're open from 11:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. every Wednesday.
Please extend your thanks for their generosity.
|Friends of the Museum Contacts
- Christina Wright (295-3984)
- Rod & Larry (temporarily)
Mike took a new job away from Collins Aerospace.
- Larry Tjaden (365-8160)
|Collins Aerospace Museum - Volunteer Support
|– Members of the Arthur A. Collins Legacy Association (AACLA) volunteer their assistance to the Museum with artifact restoration, Museum space coordination, remote artifact presentations/road trips, and their personal time serving as Tour Guides (Docents).
– The artifacts in the Museum are the property of Collins Aerospace.
– The AACLA is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, that has collected many historic Collins-related items. At times, the AACLA loans artifacts to the Museum to augment the Museum's display.
|★ C O M I N G E V E N T S ★